Hair Care 101
Hair Fetish's 100% Unprocessed Virgin Hair extensions are of the highest quality and can be a great investment! With a natural luster of its own, maintaining your locks are very simple. Just like your real hair, Virgin hair can also be permed, colored, highlighted, straightened, curled, washed, blow-dried. Keep in mind that, just like your real hair, over processing can cause your Virgin hair to appear dull and lifeless. It is very important to use the best products to replace the moisture in your Virgin hair to restore the natural luster of the hair and keep it from becoming unmanageable.
Make sure you check out our top-selling hair care products. These are just a few of the products which we have tried and loved on our virgin and natural hair! Most are well known products which can be purchased at your local beauty supply store or chains such as Target and Walmart. If you have suggestions or would like to recommend a product that you love, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALWAYS BE GENTLE
- No matter how you choose to style your Hair Fetish Virgin Hair extensions, we suggest that you care for it like your very own. Avoid damaging hair with excessive tugging, pulling, and twisting while combing and styling hair.
- We recommend using a paddle brush, wide-tooth comb or just your fingers to separate hair strands on a daily basis. Starting from the ends of the hair, simply slide fingers or comb down and through the hair gently until you reach the top.
- When wearing a lace closure or frontal piece, always avoid excessive combing, brushing and tugging on your unit while styling to avoid shedding or tearing of your closure.
- Whether you're just going to bed, a picnic, or a pool party...make sure you are prepared to protect your locks! Use a silk/satin scarf or bonnet at night to protect your hair from tangling while sleeping. For longer hair lengths, we recommend sectioning hair into braids or two-strand twists before securing hair for bed.
- For long outings in the sun, protect your hair from sun bleaching or damage by using a light spritz of a leave-in conditioner to hydrate your hair.
- Swimming can be a great way to cool off during the hot summer days, and you can feel confident that your Hair Fetish Virgin Hair extensions will still look great. Just make sure to moisten hair thoroughly with a leave-in conditioner before diving in. This can block some of the harmful effects of chlorine and salt water. We also recommend washing and conditioning hair immediately to restore the natural beauty of your Hair Fetish Virgin Hair extensions.
- To restore the original bounce and shine of your Hair Fetish Virgin Hair extensions, you can co- wash your hair once a week using a conditioner and cool water. Co-washing helps replenish the moisture in your hair extensions while keeping it manageable and tangle-free. Using cool water to rinse out your conditioner locks in the moisture and creates an oil-free shine that lasts.
- If you experience any tangling before co-washing the hair, simply spray a 50/50 mixture of your favorite conditioner and water, lightly spritz, and then comb hair gently with a wide-tooth comb from the tips to the root.
- NEVER sleep on wet or damp hair which can cause serious damage to your hair extensions AND your own natural hair! You can sit out in the sun and air dry while reading a book or listening to music or you can sit under a hood dryer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- No matter which method you choose, it is important to make sure that your hair extensions and your natural hair is completely dry.
DON'T FORGET -- LESS IS MORE!
- We make sure that every bundle of your Hair Fetish Virgin Hair extensions are the highest-quality, with a natural beauty and luster of its own. No need to use gels and sprays which can weigh the hair down and cause tangling.
- We recommend using all-natural products that are light and non-greasy. However, with all products, excessive use can cause build-up which is the main reason for matting and tangling of Virgin Hair.
We love the products we use (see product gallery) because they deliver beautiful results every time, but you can use your own favorites. For daily maintenance, we recommend using a light serum (NOT OIL SHEEN) to tame frizz and keep the ends of your hair from drying out during contact with skin and clothing.
Be sure to avoid products that contain: Alcohol, Aerosol, Mousse, Hair gel, and Harsh chemicals.